Big Jess’ Honorable Mention compilations are generally focused on showcasing emerging talent from the Twin Cities area, but when an industry vet as illustrious as Sadat X wants to jump on a track, how can you say no? If you haven’t guessed, that’s exactly what’s happened on RunWild, Glo Pesci‘s Booth debut and the latest song release off Volume 3 in the mixtape series. Making its world premiere on our front page, the record sees the St. Paul-based newcomer trading aggressive bars with the Brand Nubian alumnus over Jess’ chopped keys and head-noddable percussion loops. Complete with throwback hook featuring samples from ODB’s Brooklyn Zoo and more, this generation-bridging banger is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Honorable Mention Volume 3, scheduled to hit The DJBooth tomorrow, November 2, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.