Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
No one’s ever been fined by the FCC for using the word ”love” but, in real life, carelessly-dropped l-bombs can cause massive emotional damage. Glenn Lewis knows what I’m talking about; On album lead single and DJBooth debut Can’t Say Love, the R&B veteran pledges that, if he can’t be with the woman he actually loves, he’ll at least refrain from breaking other girls’ hearts with reckless words: “Say ‘I like,’ maybe, ‘I care,’ maybe ‘I feel deeply,’ but no, not love.” The singer’s emotionally-fraught vocal performance comes backed by a low-key, guitar-led beat by Certifyd. Feeling it? More soulful cuts await on Lewis’Moment of Truth LP, due out August 26, via Ruffhouse Records/Capitol/EMI.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Glenn Lewis’ Juwan Lee-directed Can’t Say Love visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All My Love" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.