Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
No one’s ever been fined by the FCC for using the word ”love” but, in real life, carelessly-dropped l-bombs can cause massive emotional damage. Glenn Lewis knows what I’m talking about; On album lead single and DJBooth debut Can’t Say Love, the R&B veteran pledges that, if he can’t be with the woman he actually loves, he’ll at least refrain from breaking other girls’ hearts with reckless words: “Say ‘I like,’ maybe, ‘I care,’ maybe ‘I feel deeply,’ but no, not love.” The singer’s emotionally-fraught vocal performance comes backed by a low-key, guitar-led beat by Certifyd. Feeling it? More soulful cuts await on Lewis’Moment of Truth LP, due out August 26, via Ruffhouse Records/Capitol/EMI.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Glenn Lewis’ Juwan Lee-directed Can’t Say Love visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All My Love" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.