Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
No one’s ever been fined by the FCC for using the word ”love” but, in real life, carelessly-dropped l-bombs can cause massive emotional damage. Glenn Lewis knows what I’m talking about; On album lead single and DJBooth debut Can’t Say Love, the R&B veteran pledges that, if he can’t be with the woman he actually loves, he’ll at least refrain from breaking other girls’ hearts with reckless words: “Say ‘I like,’ maybe, ‘I care,’ maybe ‘I feel deeply,’ but no, not love.” The singer’s emotionally-fraught vocal performance comes backed by a low-key, guitar-led beat by Certifyd. Feeling it? More soulful cuts await on Lewis’Moment of Truth LP, due out August 26, via Ruffhouse Records/Capitol/EMI.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Glenn Lewis’ Juwan Lee-directed Can’t Say Love visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All My Love" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.