Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
No one’s ever been fined by the FCC for using the word ”love” but, in real life, carelessly-dropped l-bombs can cause massive emotional damage. Glenn Lewis knows what I’m talking about; On album lead single and DJBooth debut Can’t Say Love, the R&B veteran pledges that, if he can’t be with the woman he actually loves, he’ll at least refrain from breaking other girls’ hearts with reckless words: “Say ‘I like,’ maybe, ‘I care,’ maybe ‘I feel deeply,’ but no, not love.” The singer’s emotionally-fraught vocal performance comes backed by a low-key, guitar-led beat by Certifyd. Feeling it? More soulful cuts await on Lewis’Moment of Truth LP, due out August 26, via Ruffhouse Records/Capitol/EMI.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Glenn Lewis’ Juwan Lee-directed Can’t Say Love visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All My Love" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.