Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
No one’s ever been fined by the FCC for using the word ”love” but, in real life, carelessly-dropped l-bombs can cause massive emotional damage. Glenn Lewis knows what I’m talking about; On album lead single and DJBooth debut Can’t Say Love, the R&B veteran pledges that, if he can’t be with the woman he actually loves, he’ll at least refrain from breaking other girls’ hearts with reckless words: “Say ‘I like,’ maybe, ‘I care,’ maybe ‘I feel deeply,’ but no, not love.” The singer’s emotionally-fraught vocal performance comes backed by a low-key, guitar-led beat by Certifyd. Feeling it? More soulful cuts await on Lewis’Moment of Truth LP, due out August 26, via Ruffhouse Records/Capitol/EMI.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Glenn Lewis’ Juwan Lee-directed Can’t Say Love visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All My Love" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.