GLC has always impressed our readers with his versatility. His slowed and slurred delivery might put him in the gangsta rapper category, but he sounds great over any type of production, and his flow has more depth than meets the eye. The latest example of these characteristics come in the form of Bag Up, a new collaborative single with fellow Chicagoan Get Gwop. Producer Rich Musik pairs a catchy sample with trap-esque percussion, creating a fittingly eclectic backdrop for GLC’s diverse flows. Gwop, too, shows he is no slouch, exhibiting a crisp, speedy flow over the high-energy instrumental. If Bag Up is your kind of cut, you will be able to find much more on the duo’s currently-unscheduled joint project, The Pulpit.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.