GLC has always impressed our readers with his versatility. His slowed and slurred delivery might put him in the gangsta rapper category, but he sounds great over any type of production, and his flow has more depth than meets the eye. The latest example of these characteristics come in the form of Bag Up, a new collaborative single with fellow Chicagoan Get Gwop. Producer Rich Musik pairs a catchy sample with trap-esque percussion, creating a fittingly eclectic backdrop for GLC’s diverse flows. Gwop, too, shows he is no slouch, exhibiting a crisp, speedy flow over the high-energy instrumental. If Bag Up is your kind of cut, you will be able to find much more on the duo’s currently-unscheduled joint project, The Pulpit.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.