Looking to continue the success and critical acclaim G.O.O.D. Music has had thus far (Common, John Legend, Consequence,) Kanye West brings his newest artist into the spotlight, GLC (Gangsta L. Crisis). The Chi-Town native (who you may remember from Kanye’s “Drive Slow” featuring Paul Wall and T.I.) had already developed a good underground following in the crowded Chicago music scene before going major, and looks to continue the success with I Ain’t Even On Yet, the newest buzz track from his upcoming album Welcome to Haterville. Rhyming over a beat similar to an old-school sci-fi video game soundtrack, GLC brings his laid-back style to the table, boasting about making lots of money and bagging lots of ladies, despite not having major success yet. This song is very enjoyable, but will it be enough to get him “on”?
Written by Burmy on 07/6/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)