By the end of 2008’s 4th quarter, all of G.O.O.D. Music’s “Big Three” will have released albums; John Legend‘s Evolver is available now, Kanye West‘s 808s & Heartbreak drops November 25, and Common‘s Universal Mind Control brings up the rear with a December 9 release date. After the triple blast, however, fellow Chicago native GLC will step up to the plate and drop his debut. To get folks ready, GLC has released a prequel mixtape, named after one of his more frequently-played buzz singles (and one of my very first written blurbs), I Ain’t Even On Yet. Featured on the project is the West-produced Heaven, which reminds us that since this world isn’t perfect, it’s best to aim for a place that is. DJBooth was in attendance at GLC’s listening party on Monday evening and will feature a full-length interview with the emcee in the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.