By the end of 2008’s 4th quarter, all of G.O.O.D. Music’s “Big Three” will have released albums; John Legend‘s Evolver is available now, Kanye West‘s 808s & Heartbreak drops November 25, and Common‘s Universal Mind Control brings up the rear with a December 9 release date. After the triple blast, however, fellow Chicago native GLC will step up to the plate and drop his debut. To get folks ready, GLC has released a prequel mixtape, named after one of his more frequently-played buzz singles (and one of my very first written blurbs), I Ain’t Even On Yet. Featured on the project is the West-produced Heaven, which reminds us that since this world isn’t perfect, it’s best to aim for a place that is. DJBooth was in attendance at GLC’s listening party on Monday evening and will feature a full-length interview with the emcee in the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.