By the end of 2008’s 4th quarter, all of G.O.O.D. Music’s “Big Three” will have released albums; John Legend‘s Evolver is available now, Kanye West‘s 808s & Heartbreak drops November 25, and Common‘s Universal Mind Control brings up the rear with a December 9 release date. After the triple blast, however, fellow Chicago native GLC will step up to the plate and drop his debut. To get folks ready, GLC has released a prequel mixtape, named after one of his more frequently-played buzz singles (and one of my very first written blurbs), I Ain’t Even On Yet. Featured on the project is the West-produced Heaven, which reminds us that since this world isn’t perfect, it’s best to aim for a place that is. DJBooth was in attendance at GLC’s listening party on Monday evening and will feature a full-length interview with the emcee in the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.