It’s been a minute since last we featured GLC on the solo tip—Cold as Ice hit our front page back in October of 2010—but the Chi-town gangster has been grinding H.A.M. in the meantime, pumping out street albums for the enjoyment of his online fanbase. The latest single off the artist’s third mixtape of 2011, Empty Town finds Leonard D. Harris in his usual fresh and fly form, lacing Blended Babies’ preternaturally chill, brass-sampled boardwork with larger-than-life braggadocio: “I rose from the cold just like Derrick Rose / I’m wakin’ up with hoes that I barely know.” After the headliner’s said his piece, Chi-town veteran Cold Hard (of Crucial Conflict fame) grabs the mic to do a little pimping of his own in a reedy middle verse, and ‘Bama phenom Yelawolf brings the record home with an uncharacteristically understated, but lyrically on-point closing 16. Complete with hook and instrumental assistance from Canadian rock duo The Carps, this slow-rolling banger is just one of many quality cuts to be found on GLC’s Eternal Sunshine of the Pimpin Mind LP, released this Tuesday and available now online.
Written by richard on 12/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Even On Yet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.