Set to release his long-awaited debut, Beach Cruiser, sometime in early 2009, Glasses Malone has dropped yet another mixtape to get people ready. On this final prequel, the Watts native has decided to use some reverse psychology, titling the project F*ck Glasses Malone. On major-label albums, there is a tendency for artists to tone down their music, but here Glasses is free to use his gruff, energetic delivery to its fullest. Mixtape cut Number One comes complete with commentary about the emcee’s departure from the now-defunct Sony Urban, and a claim of superiority over the legendary Snoop Dogg. Produced by LB Fitted, Number One could be a contender for the eponymous spot on one of the Booth’s charts. Check back with us next week.
Listen to More: Glasses Malone Written by Burmy
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.