Set to release his long-awaited debut, Beach Cruiser, sometime in early 2009, Glasses Malone has dropped yet another mixtape to get people ready. On this final prequel, the Watts native has decided to use some reverse psychology, titling the project F*ck Glasses Malone. On major-label albums, there is a tendency for artists to tone down their music, but here Glasses is free to use his gruff, energetic delivery to its fullest. Mixtape cut Number One comes complete with commentary about the emcee’s departure from the now-defunct Sony Urban, and a claim of superiority over the legendary Snoop Dogg. Produced by LB Fitted, Number One could be a contender for the eponymous spot on one of the Booth’s charts. Check back with us next week.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.