Set to release his long-awaited debut, Beach Cruiser, sometime in early 2009, Glasses Malone has dropped yet another mixtape to get people ready. On this final prequel, the Watts native has decided to use some reverse psychology, titling the project F*ck Glasses Malone. On major-label albums, there is a tendency for artists to tone down their music, but here Glasses is free to use his gruff, energetic delivery to its fullest. Mixtape cut Number One comes complete with commentary about the emcee’s departure from the now-defunct Sony Urban, and a claim of superiority over the legendary Snoop Dogg. Produced by LB Fitted, Number One could be a contender for the eponymous spot on one of the Booth’s charts. Check back with us next week.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.