Set to release his long-awaited debut, Beach Cruiser, sometime in early 2009, Glasses Malone has dropped yet another mixtape to get people ready. On this final prequel, the Watts native has decided to use some reverse psychology, titling the project F*ck Glasses Malone. On major-label albums, there is a tendency for artists to tone down their music, but here Glasses is free to use his gruff, energetic delivery to its fullest. Mixtape cut Number One comes complete with commentary about the emcee’s departure from the now-defunct Sony Urban, and a claim of superiority over the legendary Snoop Dogg. Produced by LB Fitted, Number One could be a contender for the eponymous spot on one of the Booth’s charts. Check back with us next week.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.