Set to release his long-awaited debut, Beach Cruiser, sometime in early 2009, Glasses Malone has dropped yet another mixtape to get people ready. On this final prequel, the Watts native has decided to use some reverse psychology, titling the project F*ck Glasses Malone. On major-label albums, there is a tendency for artists to tone down their music, but here Glasses is free to use his gruff, energetic delivery to its fullest. Mixtape cut Number One comes complete with commentary about the emcee’s departure from the now-defunct Sony Urban, and a claim of superiority over the legendary Snoop Dogg. Produced by LB Fitted, Number One could be a contender for the eponymous spot on one of the Booth’s charts. Check back with us next week.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.