Think you know everything there is to know about Glasses Malone? Think again. On the latest radio single off his long, long, long-awaited debut set, the West Coast emcee drops a bombshell that’ll have listeners picking their lower jaws off the floor: “I Get Doe.” Well, OK, that may not exactly be breaking news, but it’s hard to care when the track is this freaking catchy. Here, Club Love duo The Cataracs serve up a sugary, piano-led beat (anyone else hear a little Let It Be in there?) as Glasses exercises his gruff flow, giving us the lowdown on his paper chase, his car collection, and his inability to control his bowels (no, I am not making that last part up). Topped off with a hook that will most likely be stuck in my head for the next several weeks (also by the Cataracs), Doe is most definitely a new look for G. Malone. Will its bubblegum-pop appeal finally earn Beach Cruiser a spot on store shelves? It seems very possible, but we won’t know for sure till this summer.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.