Think you know everything there is to know about Glasses Malone? Think again. On the latest radio single off his long, long, long-awaited debut set, the West Coast emcee drops a bombshell that’ll have listeners picking their lower jaws off the floor: “I Get Doe.” Well, OK, that may not exactly be breaking news, but it’s hard to care when the track is this freaking catchy. Here, Club Love duo The Cataracs serve up a sugary, piano-led beat (anyone else hear a little Let It Be in there?) as Glasses exercises his gruff flow, giving us the lowdown on his paper chase, his car collection, and his inability to control his bowels (no, I am not making that last part up). Topped off with a hook that will most likely be stuck in my head for the next several weeks (also by the Cataracs), Doe is most definitely a new look for G. Malone. Will its bubblegum-pop appeal finally earn Beach Cruiser a spot on store shelves? It seems very possible, but we won’t know for sure till this summer.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.