Think you know everything there is to know about Glasses Malone? Think again. On the latest radio single off his long, long, long-awaited debut set, the West Coast emcee drops a bombshell that’ll have listeners picking their lower jaws off the floor: “I Get Doe.” Well, OK, that may not exactly be breaking news, but it’s hard to care when the track is this freaking catchy. Here, Club Love duo The Cataracs serve up a sugary, piano-led beat (anyone else hear a little Let It Be in there?) as Glasses exercises his gruff flow, giving us the lowdown on his paper chase, his car collection, and his inability to control his bowels (no, I am not making that last part up). Topped off with a hook that will most likely be stuck in my head for the next several weeks (also by the Cataracs), Doe is most definitely a new look for G. Malone. Will its bubblegum-pop appeal finally earn Beach Cruiser a spot on store shelves? It seems very possible, but we won’t know for sure till this summer.
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.