Having found tremendous success on the mixtape circuit with White Lightning (Sticks) and The Crack Mixtape, Los Angeles rapper Glasses Malone will finally release his long-delayed debut LP, titled Beach Cruiser, this fall. Haters, likely the album’s second single, is a furious, up-tempo banger produced by F.O.C.. While Glasses Malone certainly holds his own among veterans Birdman and Lil’ Wayne, the highlight of Haters is Wayne’s middle verse. Apart from refreshingly returning to the hiccuping delivery that we had all grown to love before his recent experimentation with the T-Pain-esque vocoder, his lyrics ingeniously bounce between everything from Sasquatch to Tupac. It’s good to have you back, Weezy.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.