Having found tremendous success on the mixtape circuit with White Lightning (Sticks) and The Crack Mixtape, Los Angeles rapper Glasses Malone will finally release his long-delayed debut LP, titled Beach Cruiser, this fall. Haters, likely the album’s second single, is a furious, up-tempo banger produced by F.O.C.. While Glasses Malone certainly holds his own among veterans Birdman and Lil’ Wayne, the highlight of Haters is Wayne’s middle verse. Apart from refreshingly returning to the hiccuping delivery that we had all grown to love before his recent experimentation with the T-Pain-esque vocoder, his lyrics ingeniously bounce between everything from Sasquatch to Tupac. It’s good to have you back, Weezy.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.