Having found tremendous success on the mixtape circuit with White Lightning (Sticks) and The Crack Mixtape, Los Angeles rapper Glasses Malone will finally release his long-delayed debut LP, titled Beach Cruiser, this fall. Haters, likely the album’s second single, is a furious, up-tempo banger produced by F.O.C.. While Glasses Malone certainly holds his own among veterans Birdman and Lil’ Wayne, the highlight of Haters is Wayne’s middle verse. Apart from refreshingly returning to the hiccuping delivery that we had all grown to love before his recent experimentation with the T-Pain-esque vocoder, his lyrics ingeniously bounce between everything from Sasquatch to Tupac. It’s good to have you back, Weezy.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.