Having found tremendous success on the mixtape circuit with White Lightning (Sticks) and The Crack Mixtape, Los Angeles rapper Glasses Malone will finally release his long-delayed debut LP, titled Beach Cruiser, this fall. Haters, likely the album’s second single, is a furious, up-tempo banger produced by F.O.C.. While Glasses Malone certainly holds his own among veterans Birdman and Lil’ Wayne, the highlight of Haters is Wayne’s middle verse. Apart from refreshingly returning to the hiccuping delivery that we had all grown to love before his recent experimentation with the T-Pain-esque vocoder, his lyrics ingeniously bounce between everything from Sasquatch to Tupac. It’s good to have you back, Weezy.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.