Over the past three years several new artists have tried to bring SoCal back into Hip Hop’s limelight. Yet, with the exception of The Game, none have been very successful. Hoping to buck that trend is Watts native, Glasses Malone, who signed a joint deal with Cash Money and Mack-10’s Hoo-Bangin’ Records. On his first single, Malone describes his heavy street credibility by bragging that he’s Certified everywhere in the hood. While Glasses’ flow is very addictive, the true hit maker is producer DJ Toomp, who cooks up a synth-heavy beat “in the kitchen.” Add an addictive hook from Akon and Certified should receive massive radio play nationwide. Malone will try to prove if he can bring the West back when his debut, Beach Cruiser, drops sometime in ‘08.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified (Remix) ft. Akon, Bun B, KAM & Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.