Over the past three years several new artists have tried to bring SoCal back into Hip Hop’s limelight. Yet, with the exception of The Game, none have been very successful. Hoping to buck that trend is Watts native, Glasses Malone, who signed a joint deal with Cash Money and Mack-10’s Hoo-Bangin’ Records. On his first single, Malone describes his heavy street credibility by bragging that he’s Certified everywhere in the hood. While Glasses’ flow is very addictive, the true hit maker is producer DJ Toomp, who cooks up a synth-heavy beat “in the kitchen.” Add an addictive hook from Akon and Certified should receive massive radio play nationwide. Malone will try to prove if he can bring the West back when his debut, Beach Cruiser, drops sometime in ‘08.
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified (Remix) ft. Akon, Bun B, KAM & Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.