Over the past three years several new artists have tried to bring SoCal back into Hip Hop’s limelight. Yet, with the exception of The Game, none have been very successful. Hoping to buck that trend is Watts native, Glasses Malone, who signed a joint deal with Cash Money and Mack-10’s Hoo-Bangin’ Records. On his first single, Malone describes his heavy street credibility by bragging that he’s Certified everywhere in the hood. While Glasses’ flow is very addictive, the true hit maker is producer DJ Toomp, who cooks up a synth-heavy beat “in the kitchen.” Add an addictive hook from Akon and Certified should receive massive radio play nationwide. Malone will try to prove if he can bring the West back when his debut, Beach Cruiser, drops sometime in ‘08.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified (Remix) ft. Akon, Bun B, KAM & Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.