Over the past three years several new artists have tried to bring SoCal back into Hip Hop’s limelight. Yet, with the exception of The Game, none have been very successful. Hoping to buck that trend is Watts native, Glasses Malone, who signed a joint deal with Cash Money and Mack-10’s Hoo-Bangin’ Records. On his first single, Malone describes his heavy street credibility by bragging that he’s Certified everywhere in the hood. While Glasses’ flow is very addictive, the true hit maker is producer DJ Toomp, who cooks up a synth-heavy beat “in the kitchen.” Add an addictive hook from Akon and Certified should receive massive radio play nationwide. Malone will try to prove if he can bring the West back when his debut, Beach Cruiser, drops sometime in ‘08.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified (Remix) ft. Akon, Bun B, KAM & Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.