Glasses Malone‘s debut studio album has been a long time coming, but Beach Cruiser‘s release is finally on the horizon. Heralding the full-length’s arrival on store shelves this summer is this newly-released single, which finds the up-and-comer East Sidin alongside his Crip Gang mentor, Uncle Snoop. While some may be disappointed to hear that the West Coast legend contributes only a quick vocal hook to the record, Malone’s own performance on the mic doesn’t fail to impress; over producer Tommy Gunz’ stark blend of chromatic synths and syncopated percussion, the four-eyed emcee spits characteristically gruff, hard-nosed bars peppered with clever turns of phrase (”I especially like the rag that I wear / same color as blood is before exposed to air”). So, readers, does this minimal street banger have the appeal to ensure G.M.‘s endlessly-delayed freshman album rolls into record stores and online retailers while the spring flowers are still fresh? For now, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 02/28/10
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.