Glasses Malone‘s debut studio album has been a long time coming, but Beach Cruiser‘s release is finally on the horizon. Heralding the full-length’s arrival on store shelves this summer is this newly-released single, which finds the up-and-comer East Sidin alongside his Crip Gang mentor, Uncle Snoop. While some may be disappointed to hear that the West Coast legend contributes only a quick vocal hook to the record, Malone’s own performance on the mic doesn’t fail to impress; over producer Tommy Gunz’ stark blend of chromatic synths and syncopated percussion, the four-eyed emcee spits characteristically gruff, hard-nosed bars peppered with clever turns of phrase (”I especially like the rag that I wear / same color as blood is before exposed to air”). So, readers, does this minimal street banger have the appeal to ensure G.M.‘s endlessly-delayed freshman album rolls into record stores and online retailers while the spring flowers are still fresh? For now, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 02/28/10
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)