Glasses Malone‘s debut studio album has been a long time coming, but Beach Cruiser‘s release is finally on the horizon. Heralding the full-length’s arrival on store shelves this summer is this newly-released single, which finds the up-and-comer East Sidin alongside his Crip Gang mentor, Uncle Snoop. While some may be disappointed to hear that the West Coast legend contributes only a quick vocal hook to the record, Malone’s own performance on the mic doesn’t fail to impress; over producer Tommy Gunz’ stark blend of chromatic synths and syncopated percussion, the four-eyed emcee spits characteristically gruff, hard-nosed bars peppered with clever turns of phrase (”I especially like the rag that I wear / same color as blood is before exposed to air”). So, readers, does this minimal street banger have the appeal to ensure G.M.‘s endlessly-delayed freshman album rolls into record stores and online retailers while the spring flowers are still fresh? For now, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 02/28/10
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.