There’s simply nothing like making a living doing what you love. Just ask Glasses Malone, who spends his days enjoying his two favorite pastimes: hustling and ‘ho’s. Simply put, he’s living every second as if it were his last, and if he goes to jail Before It All Ends, hey, that’s just the way it goes. Though some may not share the rapper’s nonchalance about hard time, the philosophical mindset he espouses on this newly-leaked mixtape track is appealing, as is his gruff wordplay, (“My paper A+, look I run class/ But my b*tch get an ‘F,’ she got dumb ass). After the bespectacled emcee’s opener, two likeminded Cali neighbors step up to the mic to put in their two cents over Sega‘s tunefully street piano-bell beat. The one and only Snoop Dogg showcases his inimitably laid-back flow on the second verse, and Jay Rock ends the record on a reflective note, spitting “Before it all ends, shed light/ let the top back and the sun in.” Glasses Malone’s Nightmare on Seven Street mixtape is set to hit the ‘net Oct. 27, paving the way for the Nov. 23 release of his debut studio album, Beach Cruiser.
Written by richard on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.