There’s simply nothing like making a living doing what you love. Just ask Glasses Malone, who spends his days enjoying his two favorite pastimes: hustling and ‘ho’s. Simply put, he’s living every second as if it were his last, and if he goes to jail Before It All Ends, hey, that’s just the way it goes. Though some may not share the rapper’s nonchalance about hard time, the philosophical mindset he espouses on this newly-leaked mixtape track is appealing, as is his gruff wordplay, (“My paper A+, look I run class/ But my b*tch get an ‘F,’ she got dumb ass). After the bespectacled emcee’s opener, two likeminded Cali neighbors step up to the mic to put in their two cents over Sega‘s tunefully street piano-bell beat. The one and only Snoop Dogg showcases his inimitably laid-back flow on the second verse, and Jay Rock ends the record on a reflective note, spitting “Before it all ends, shed light/ let the top back and the sun in.” Glasses Malone’s Nightmare on Seven Street mixtape is set to hit the ‘net Oct. 27, paving the way for the Nov. 23 release of his debut studio album, Beach Cruiser.
Written by richard on 10/25/09
Suburban Noize/Cash Money
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Certified ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.