Earlier this year, after the group made its Booth debut with Black Mambo, our own Lucas G. gave listeners the lowdown on Glass Animals in a glowing “Meet…” editorial. Hopefully, those details stuck in your mind, because the British alt-R&B crew is back on our front page with a brand new single. Hazey‘s title doubles as an apt description of the record’s sound; though fueled by a crisp, eclectic rhythm section, the in-house beat has a dark, murky feel, and frontman Dave Bayley‘s breathy vocals only add to the ambiance. An unknown director’s mesmerizing visuals accompany the cut. For more fresh, atmospheric cuts, check out Glass Animals’ debut album, ZABA, available now from UK record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mambo" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.