Earlier this year, after the group made its Booth debut with Black Mambo, our own Lucas G. gave listeners the lowdown on Glass Animals in a glowing “Meet…” editorial. Hopefully, those details stuck in your mind, because the British alt-R&B crew is back on our front page with a brand new single. Hazey‘s title doubles as an apt description of the record’s sound; though fueled by a crisp, eclectic rhythm section, the in-house beat has a dark, murky feel, and frontman Dave Bayley‘s breathy vocals only add to the ambiance. An unknown director’s mesmerizing visuals accompany the cut. For more fresh, atmospheric cuts, check out Glass Animals’ debut album, ZABA, available now from UK record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mambo" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.