When it comes to dope music, late is a hell of as lot better than never, right? Right. So you’ll forgive us for waiting till now to feature the Hanna Peretz-directed visuals for Glass Animals’ Black Mambo, which originally dropped in summer of last year. On this slow-burning alt-soul cut, the Oxford indie ensemble’s harp chords and deliberate, hip hop-infused rhythm section accompany the smoky vocals of frontman Dave Bayley. Released earlier this month, the Animals’ debut album, ZABA, is available now from UK record stores and online retailers. Click here to cop it on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.