When it comes to dope music, late is a hell of as lot better than never, right? Right. So you’ll forgive us for waiting till now to feature the Hanna Peretz-directed visuals for Glass Animals’ Black Mambo, which originally dropped in summer of last year. On this slow-burning alt-soul cut, the Oxford indie ensemble’s harp chords and deliberate, hip hop-infused rhythm section accompany the smoky vocals of frontman Dave Bayley. Released earlier this month, the Animals’ debut album, ZABA, is available now from UK record stores and online retailers. Click here to cop it on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.