When it comes to dope music, late is a hell of as lot better than never, right? Right. So you’ll forgive us for waiting till now to feature the Hanna Peretz-directed visuals for Glass Animals’ Black Mambo, which originally dropped in summer of last year. On this slow-burning alt-soul cut, the Oxford indie ensemble’s harp chords and deliberate, hip hop-infused rhythm section accompany the smoky vocals of frontman Dave Bayley. Released earlier this month, the Animals’ debut album, ZABA, is available now from UK record stores and online retailers. Click here to cop it on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.