When it comes to dope music, late is a hell of as lot better than never, right? Right. So you’ll forgive us for waiting till now to feature the Hanna Peretz-directed visuals for Glass Animals’ Black Mambo, which originally dropped in summer of last year. On this slow-burning alt-soul cut, the Oxford indie ensemble’s harp chords and deliberate, hip hop-infused rhythm section accompany the smoky vocals of frontman Dave Bayley. Released earlier this month, the Animals’ debut album, ZABA, is available now from UK record stores and online retailers. Click here to cop it on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
I feel like I say this each Meet piece ( or at least every other) but this is my favorite discovery of the year. Don't get me wrong, I still love Caitlyn Scarlett and St. Paul And The Broken Bones, but Glass Animals is far...
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.