When it comes to dope music, late is a hell of as lot better than never, right? Right. So you’ll forgive us for waiting till now to feature the Hanna Peretz-directed visuals for Glass Animals’ Black Mambo, which originally dropped in summer of last year. On this slow-burning alt-soul cut, the Oxford indie ensemble’s harp chords and deliberate, hip hop-infused rhythm section accompany the smoky vocals of frontman Dave Bayley. Released earlier this month, the Animals’ debut album, ZABA, is available now from UK record stores and online retailers. Click here to cop it on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
I feel like I say this each Meet piece ( or at least every other) but this is my favorite discovery of the year. Don't get me wrong, I still love Caitlyn Scarlett and St. Paul And The Broken Bones, but Glass Animals is...
Wolf Tone / Caroline / Harvest
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)