You can tell a lot about a man from his taste in automobiles – and, judging by Glamourlyke‘s affection for the Oldsmobile Cutlass, the Atlanta representatives are all about balancing practicality and reliability with attention-grabbing old-school style. Appropriately, Glamour’s first Booth feature finds the up-and-coming rap trio engaging in a little flashy, yet classic lyrical stunting, flowing over the Southern-fried synth-brass boardwork of Supahot Beats’ Wil Power. Despite being more of a Cadillac guy, longtime Booth favorite and fellow ATLien Yelawolf proves the perfect guest emcee for this track, lacing the back end with some timeless words of wisdom: “You can put a kickstand on life, but you can’t guarantee that b*tch’ll stand up.” Craving more from this first-time featuree? You can find what you’re looking for on Glamourlyke and Wally Sparks’ new street album, Hwy. Love (The Mixtape), available now online.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.