You can tell a lot about a man from his taste in automobiles – and, judging by Glamourlyke‘s affection for the Oldsmobile Cutlass, the Atlanta representatives are all about balancing practicality and reliability with attention-grabbing old-school style. Appropriately, Glamour’s first Booth feature finds the up-and-coming rap trio engaging in a little flashy, yet classic lyrical stunting, flowing over the Southern-fried synth-brass boardwork of Supahot Beats’ Wil Power. Despite being more of a Cadillac guy, longtime Booth favorite and fellow ATLien Yelawolf proves the perfect guest emcee for this track, lacing the back end with some timeless words of wisdom: “You can put a kickstand on life, but you can’t guarantee that b*tch’ll stand up.” Craving more from this first-time featuree? You can find what you’re looking for on Glamourlyke and Wally Sparks’ new street album, Hwy. Love (The Mixtape), available now online.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.