You can tell a lot about a man from his taste in automobiles – and, judging by Glamourlyke‘s affection for the Oldsmobile Cutlass, the Atlanta representatives are all about balancing practicality and reliability with attention-grabbing old-school style. Appropriately, Glamour’s first Booth feature finds the up-and-coming rap trio engaging in a little flashy, yet classic lyrical stunting, flowing over the Southern-fried synth-brass boardwork of Supahot Beats’ Wil Power. Despite being more of a Cadillac guy, longtime Booth favorite and fellow ATLien Yelawolf proves the perfect guest emcee for this track, lacing the back end with some timeless words of wisdom: “You can put a kickstand on life, but you can’t guarantee that b*tch’ll stand up.” Craving more from this first-time featuree? You can find what you’re looking for on Glamourlyke and Wally Sparks’ new street album, Hwy. Love (The Mixtape), available now online.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.