You can tell a lot about a man from his taste in automobiles – and, judging by Glamourlyke‘s affection for the Oldsmobile Cutlass, the Atlanta representatives are all about balancing practicality and reliability with attention-grabbing old-school style. Appropriately, Glamour’s first Booth feature finds the up-and-coming rap trio engaging in a little flashy, yet classic lyrical stunting, flowing over the Southern-fried synth-brass boardwork of Supahot Beats’ Wil Power. Despite being more of a Cadillac guy, longtime Booth favorite and fellow ATLien Yelawolf proves the perfect guest emcee for this track, lacing the back end with some timeless words of wisdom: “You can put a kickstand on life, but you can’t guarantee that b*tch’ll stand up.” Craving more from this first-time featuree? You can find what you’re looking for on Glamourlyke and Wally Sparks’ new street album, Hwy. Love (The Mixtape), available now online.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.