You can tell a lot about a man from his taste in automobiles – and, judging by Glamourlyke‘s affection for the Oldsmobile Cutlass, the Atlanta representatives are all about balancing practicality and reliability with attention-grabbing old-school style. Appropriately, Glamour’s first Booth feature finds the up-and-coming rap trio engaging in a little flashy, yet classic lyrical stunting, flowing over the Southern-fried synth-brass boardwork of Supahot Beats’ Wil Power. Despite being more of a Cadillac guy, longtime Booth favorite and fellow ATLien Yelawolf proves the perfect guest emcee for this track, lacing the back end with some timeless words of wisdom: “You can put a kickstand on life, but you can’t guarantee that b*tch’ll stand up.” Craving more from this first-time featuree? You can find what you’re looking for on Glamourlyke and Wally Sparks’ new street album, Hwy. Love (The Mixtape), available now online.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.