Oftentimes, the best way to create something that listeners are gonna Feel is simply to do you, no matter how off-the-wall the results may sound. The 18-year-old daughter of Oakland veterans Nic Nac and Danger Dame, Glam.I.Rock exemplifies this approach to the creative process on her first Booth feature, the latest single and pseudo-title track off her new album. While the rapper-producer makes clear that she doesn’t give a f**k what anyone else thinks of her music, the aggressive flows and stark, minimal production she serves up here seem unlikely to earn her anything but praise from our readership. Director Demondre Ward provides some appropriately gritty visuals to complement the record. Feel is just one of many quality cuts to be found on The Feel and Conversations With DJ Jack, released yesterday and available here for free digital download.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.