Oftentimes, the best way to create something that listeners are gonna Feel is simply to do you, no matter how off-the-wall the results may sound. The 18-year-old daughter of Oakland veterans Nic Nac and Danger Dame, Glam.I.Rock exemplifies this approach to the creative process on her first Booth feature, the latest single and pseudo-title track off her new album. While the rapper-producer makes clear that she doesn’t give a f**k what anyone else thinks of her music, the aggressive flows and stark, minimal production she serves up here seem unlikely to earn her anything but praise from our readership. Director Demondre Ward provides some appropriately gritty visuals to complement the record. Feel is just one of many quality cuts to be found on The Feel and Conversations With DJ Jack, released yesterday and available here for free digital download.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.