Perhaps the most popular sample in DJBooth history, the “Da da da-da…” hook from Suzanne Vega’s Tom’s Diner has been heard on cuts by 2Pac, Gorilla Zoe, Kevin Cossom, Mike Dreams and Al Gator – and, amazingly, each artist has managed to use the snippet in a unique, creative fashion. On new promo single She Be Like, Git Fresh become the sixth act to flip said sample in the Booth, and the results are, true to the R&B quintet’s collective stage name, pretty damned fresh. Over LamB‘s handclap percussion and glittering synths, Pretty $ly, Penny, Rude Boi, Ezay and Ace Valentine showcase their smooth vocals as they pay tribute to a chick they met at Club Living Room, and are hoping to take home to their living room. Though this regional hit isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, Git Fresh have plenty of collaborative work lined up for the near future; in addition to handling songwriting duties on Trina‘s next single, the group are set to contribute guest vocals and production to club-hop heavyweight Flo Rida‘s forthcoming LP.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
International Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Make Love (Remix) ft. R. Kelly" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.