Just when Git Fresh were getting comfortable at So So Def/Island Urban, their boss, Jermaine Dupri, was fired from his position at the label. While their former labelmates 9th Ward, Dondria, and Rocko left to seek new distribution, the Fort Lauderdale natives have already released a brand-new single. Ready to relax at the nightspot, Rude Boi, Penny, Mike Ezay, and Pretti Sly make the ladies in the building an offer they can’t refuse, tantalizing their minds with thoughts of nights on the town, bubble baths drawn up for them, and getaways on remote islands—anything to make them feel Like A Woman. As if their soulful vocals weren’t enough, the singers call upon their alter-egos, the Studio Monkeyz, to craft an instrumental that will have females requesting Like A Woman on the regular—as has been demonstrated time and time again, if the ladies say it’s a hit, then it’s a hit!
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
International Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Make Love (Remix) ft. R. Kelly" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.