Having kicked off his career back when most of us were still learning how to walk, Gist The Essence has been grinding for at least five times as long as many other up-and-coming MCs. This September, he’s finally going to see his big Dreams come to fruition. Though Gist’s Booth debut, Be This Way, picked up mixed reviews from our readers, the lead single selection off his forthcoming debut album will likely meet a much warmer reception. Though the rapper’s rhymes make clear that he’s still Got ‘em Tight with his NYC underground fanbase, D-Major and J. Ethe‘s beat is the record’s true highlight—the co-producers’ heavy bass-synth instrumental sounds a little like what would happen if Cool & Dre and Jim Jonsin got together on a track. With appealing subject matter and a powerful beat, this cut is sure to get Gist tighter with the DJBooth.net readership, paving the way for his LP’s release in two months.
Written by Burmy on 07/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be This Way (Freestyle)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.