Both love and narcotics, while exhilarating at first, have the potential to seriously f**k with your head. Much as they enjoy their namesakes, Los Angeles-based hip-hop/electronic duo GirlsNDrugs are well aware of the dangers, and on their first Booth feature—which also happens to be titled Girls N Drugs—they illustrate the effects of overindulging. Over an understated in-house beat, the duo describe their faded mental state in discombobulated bars: “Oh my goodness, this gotta be not right / But the feeling is—I can’t explain it but I’m givin’ in.” An unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. The group’s self-titled debut LP currently lacks a drop date, but fans should keep their browsers locked for GnD’s next single, which will feature guest bars by Dom Kennedy.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Future III Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.