Both love and narcotics, while exhilarating at first, have the potential to seriously f**k with your head. Much as they enjoy their namesakes, Los Angeles-based hip-hop/electronic duo GirlsNDrugs are well aware of the dangers, and on their first Booth feature—which also happens to be titled Girls N Drugs—they illustrate the effects of overindulging. Over an understated in-house beat, the duo describe their faded mental state in discombobulated bars: “Oh my goodness, this gotta be not right / But the feeling is—I can’t explain it but I’m givin’ in.” An unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. The group’s self-titled debut LP currently lacks a drop date, but fans should keep their browsers locked for GnD’s next single, which will feature guest bars by Dom Kennedy.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
Future III Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.