Both love and narcotics, while exhilarating at first, have the potential to seriously f**k with your head. Much as they enjoy their namesakes, Los Angeles-based hip-hop/electronic duo GirlsNDrugs are well aware of the dangers, and on their first Booth feature—which also happens to be titled Girls N Drugs—they illustrate the effects of overindulging. Over an understated in-house beat, the duo describe their faded mental state in discombobulated bars: “Oh my goodness, this gotta be not right / But the feeling is—I can’t explain it but I’m givin’ in.” An unknown director’s trippy visuals round out the package. The group’s self-titled debut LP currently lacks a drop date, but fans should keep their browsers locked for GnD’s next single, which will feature guest bars by Dom Kennedy.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
Future III Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.