Girl Talk is best known for flipping and recontextualizing beats and vocals from pre-existing jams, but the producer’s trying something a little different—more traditional, in fact—with his next project. A forthcoming EP will see him creating sampled backdrops for the rhymes of fellow Keystone State heavyweight Freeway. New single Tolerated, released along with some blood-spattered visuals by Allen Cordell, finds Philly Free striking back at the haters over his collaborator’s syncopated breakbeat and imperious brass loops. As if that wasn’t turnt-up enough, Waka Flocka grabs the mic on the middle to deliver a belligerent guest 16. Also featuring appearances from Young Chris and Jadakiss, Girl Talk and Freeway’s Broken Ankles EP is scheduled to drop Tuesday, April 8, for free download.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
Girl Talk Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can Hear Sweat" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.