Girl Talk is best known for flipping and recontextualizing beats and vocals from pre-existing jams, but the producer’s trying something a little different—more traditional, in fact—with his next project. A forthcoming EP will see him creating sampled backdrops for the rhymes of fellow Keystone State heavyweight Freeway. New single Tolerated, released along with some blood-spattered visuals by Allen Cordell, finds Philly Free striking back at the haters over his collaborator’s syncopated breakbeat and imperious brass loops. As if that wasn’t turnt-up enough, Waka Flocka grabs the mic on the middle to deliver a belligerent guest 16. Also featuring appearances from Young Chris and Jadakiss, Girl Talk and Freeway’s Broken Ankles EP is scheduled to drop Tuesday, April 8, for free download.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
Girl Talk Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can Hear Sweat" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.