Freeway may call himself the Philly Freezer, but don’t expect to shiver while listening to his latest single. On the contrary, this cut is more likely to have you mopping perspiration from your brow. A thematically appropriate sample from Biggie‘s Who Shot Ya (“I Can Hear Sweat trickling down your cheek.”) serves as the centerpiece of project collaborator Girl Talk’s beat, which pairs arpeggiated synths and oddball, sampled interludes with one of the grimiest basslines I’ve heard in a hot minute. In addition to Leslie Edward Pridgen’s own fiery bars, this joint packs a blistering guest 16 from Jadakiss. The D-Block vet opens by telling his foes, “Sweat dripping down your cheek is a sign of fear / Reminding you that your time is near,” and his rhymes only get grittier from there. Fans will be able to find Sweat, the Waka Flocka-assisted Tolerated and much more on Freeway and Girl Talk’s Broken Ankles EP, dropping tomorrow (4/8).
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
Girl Talk Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.