Not sure whether you’re in the mood for some East Coast, West Coast or Southern hip-hop, but only have time to listen to a single record? You’re in luck; Gio Dee has stepped into the Booth with a fresh cut that captures all three regions’ distinctive VIBES. Recorded back in October, when he was in town for the annual A3C festival, the joint finds the Boston representative trading bars with ATLien emcee Quentin Miller over the airy keyboard loops of Los Angeles beatsmith Dee C. In addition to repping their respective regions, the collaborators pay tribute to hip-hop legends hailing from each side of the map, incorporating sampled lines from Pimp C, Biggie and 2Pac. RQuality and LYDubbTV‘s candid visuals complete the package. Fans will be able to find VIBES and much more on Gio’s TOTB (This Is Only the Beginning) 2 tape, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.