Not sure whether you’re in the mood for some East Coast, West Coast or Southern hip-hop, but only have time to listen to a single record? You’re in luck; Gio Dee has stepped into the Booth with a fresh cut that captures all three regions’ distinctive VIBES. Recorded back in October, when he was in town for the annual A3C festival, the joint finds the Boston representative trading bars with ATLien emcee Quentin Miller over the airy keyboard loops of Los Angeles beatsmith Dee C. In addition to repping their respective regions, the collaborators pay tribute to hip-hop legends hailing from each side of the map, incorporating sampled lines from Pimp C, Biggie and 2Pac. RQuality and LYDubbTV‘s candid visuals complete the package. Fans will be able to find VIBES and much more on Gio’s TOTB (This Is Only the Beginning) 2 tape, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.