Not sure whether you’re in the mood for some East Coast, West Coast or Southern hip-hop, but only have time to listen to a single record? You’re in luck; Gio Dee has stepped into the Booth with a fresh cut that captures all three regions’ distinctive VIBES. Recorded back in October, when he was in town for the annual A3C festival, the joint finds the Boston representative trading bars with ATLien emcee Quentin Miller over the airy keyboard loops of Los Angeles beatsmith Dee C. In addition to repping their respective regions, the collaborators pay tribute to hip-hop legends hailing from each side of the map, incorporating sampled lines from Pimp C, Biggie and 2Pac. RQuality and LYDubbTV‘s candid visuals complete the package. Fans will be able to find VIBES and much more on Gio’s TOTB (This Is Only the Beginning) 2 tape, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)