Not sure whether you’re in the mood for some East Coast, West Coast or Southern hip-hop, but only have time to listen to a single record? You’re in luck; Gio Dee has stepped into the Booth with a fresh cut that captures all three regions’ distinctive VIBES. Recorded back in October, when he was in town for the annual A3C festival, the joint finds the Boston representative trading bars with ATLien emcee Quentin Miller over the airy keyboard loops of Los Angeles beatsmith Dee C. In addition to repping their respective regions, the collaborators pay tribute to hip-hop legends hailing from each side of the map, incorporating sampled lines from Pimp C, Biggie and 2Pac. RQuality and LYDubbTV‘s candid visuals complete the package. Fans will be able to find VIBES and much more on Gio’s TOTB (This Is Only the Beginning) 2 tape, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.