After the tumultuous, whirlwind week Boston just experienced, everyone who resides in Massachusetts (and beyond) is looking forward to returning to normalcy, which in Boston means cheering on the Sox, Celtics and Bruins and receiving new music from Beantown emcee Gio Dee. As you might expect from a song titled Timbos & 45’s, this record has a distinct street vibe. Backed by the whirring, entrancing production of David Greene, Gio and guest artist Reese (of Two-9) display a musical chemistry that indicates the two have been rapping together for years. While the pair share similar styles, and their slurred flows match the instrumental’s grungy, hypnotic vibe well, it is Gio’s opening verse that sets the tone for the entire track. Want more? Gio’s Fashionably Late EP, featuring Timbos & 45’s and many more fresh cuts, is available now online.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.