After the tumultuous, whirlwind week Boston just experienced, everyone who resides in Massachusetts (and beyond) is looking forward to returning to normalcy, which in Boston means cheering on the Sox, Celtics and Bruins and receiving new music from Beantown emcee Gio Dee. As you might expect from a song titled Timbos & 45’s, this record has a distinct street vibe. Backed by the whirring, entrancing production of David Greene, Gio and guest artist Reese (of Two-9) display a musical chemistry that indicates the two have been rapping together for years. While the pair share similar styles, and their slurred flows match the instrumental’s grungy, hypnotic vibe well, it is Gio’s opening verse that sets the tone for the entire track. Want more? Gio’s Fashionably Late EP, featuring Timbos & 45’s and many more fresh cuts, is available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)