After the tumultuous, whirlwind week Boston just experienced, everyone who resides in Massachusetts (and beyond) is looking forward to returning to normalcy, which in Boston means cheering on the Sox, Celtics and Bruins and receiving new music from Beantown emcee Gio Dee. As you might expect from a song titled Timbos & 45’s, this record has a distinct street vibe. Backed by the whirring, entrancing production of David Greene, Gio and guest artist Reese (of Two-9) display a musical chemistry that indicates the two have been rapping together for years. While the pair share similar styles, and their slurred flows match the instrumental’s grungy, hypnotic vibe well, it is Gio’s opening verse that sets the tone for the entire track. Want more? Gio’s Fashionably Late EP, featuring Timbos & 45’s and many more fresh cuts, is available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.