After the tumultuous, whirlwind week Boston just experienced, everyone who resides in Massachusetts (and beyond) is looking forward to returning to normalcy, which in Boston means cheering on the Sox, Celtics and Bruins and receiving new music from Beantown emcee Gio Dee. As you might expect from a song titled Timbos & 45’s, this record has a distinct street vibe. Backed by the whirring, entrancing production of David Greene, Gio and guest artist Reese (of Two-9) display a musical chemistry that indicates the two have been rapping together for years. While the pair share similar styles, and their slurred flows match the instrumental’s grungy, hypnotic vibe well, it is Gio’s opening verse that sets the tone for the entire track. Want more? Gio’s Fashionably Late EP, featuring Timbos & 45’s and many more fresh cuts, is available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.