Listeners with a taste for sultry R&B slow jams are likely aware that, in addition to being fun to listen to, the songs are often designed to serve a very practical purpose: to smooth out lovers’ quarrels by expressing those feelings that can’t be put into words (particularly on the male side of the equation). Fresh off a move to new label home Asylum (through Notifi Records), industry veteran Ginuwine knows this better than anyone, and on the lead single off his forthcoming sixth LP he speaks for anyone desperate for one Last Chance with a special someone. Officially chosen for promotion after being leaked to the ‘net in early January, the record finds Ginuwine pouring his heart out over a sweeping, piano-driven instrumental by Bryan-Michael Cox, expressing just how ready he is to make things right with a few well-chosen metaphors (“If I’ve only got one shot to win you, call me Jordan, fourth quarter, in ‘92.”). If you’re yearning for more of ‘wine’s time-tested R&B stylings, pick up a copy of A Man’s Thoughts, his first album in nearly four years, this June.
Listen to More: Ginuwine Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pressure ft. Ginuwine" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.