Listeners with a taste for sultry R&B slow jams are likely aware that, in addition to being fun to listen to, the songs are often designed to serve a very practical purpose: to smooth out lovers’ quarrels by expressing those feelings that can’t be put into words (particularly on the male side of the equation). Fresh off a move to new label home Asylum (through Notifi Records), industry veteran Ginuwine knows this better than anyone, and on the lead single off his forthcoming sixth LP he speaks for anyone desperate for one Last Chance with a special someone. Officially chosen for promotion after being leaked to the ‘net in early January, the record finds Ginuwine pouring his heart out over a sweeping, piano-driven instrumental by Bryan-Michael Cox, expressing just how ready he is to make things right with a few well-chosen metaphors (“If I’ve only got one shot to win you, call me Jordan, fourth quarter, in ‘92.”). If you’re yearning for more of ‘wine’s time-tested R&B stylings, pick up a copy of A Man’s Thoughts, his first album in nearly four years, this June.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pressure ft. Ginuwine" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.