Listeners with a taste for sultry R&B slow jams are likely aware that, in addition to being fun to listen to, the songs are often designed to serve a very practical purpose: to smooth out lovers’ quarrels by expressing those feelings that can’t be put into words (particularly on the male side of the equation). Fresh off a move to new label home Asylum (through Notifi Records), industry veteran Ginuwine knows this better than anyone, and on the lead single off his forthcoming sixth LP he speaks for anyone desperate for one Last Chance with a special someone. Officially chosen for promotion after being leaked to the ‘net in early January, the record finds Ginuwine pouring his heart out over a sweeping, piano-driven instrumental by Bryan-Michael Cox, expressing just how ready he is to make things right with a few well-chosen metaphors (“If I’ve only got one shot to win you, call me Jordan, fourth quarter, in ‘92.”). If you’re yearning for more of ‘wine’s time-tested R&B stylings, pick up a copy of A Man’s Thoughts, his first album in nearly four years, this June.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pressure ft. Ginuwine" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.