Listeners with a taste for sultry R&B slow jams are likely aware that, in addition to being fun to listen to, the songs are often designed to serve a very practical purpose: to smooth out lovers’ quarrels by expressing those feelings that can’t be put into words (particularly on the male side of the equation). Fresh off a move to new label home Asylum (through Notifi Records), industry veteran Ginuwine knows this better than anyone, and on the lead single off his forthcoming sixth LP he speaks for anyone desperate for one Last Chance with a special someone. Officially chosen for promotion after being leaked to the ‘net in early January, the record finds Ginuwine pouring his heart out over a sweeping, piano-driven instrumental by Bryan-Michael Cox, expressing just how ready he is to make things right with a few well-chosen metaphors (“If I’ve only got one shot to win you, call me Jordan, fourth quarter, in ‘92.”). If you’re yearning for more of ‘wine’s time-tested R&B stylings, pick up a copy of A Man’s Thoughts, his first album in nearly four years, this June.
Listen to More: Ginuwine
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pressure ft. Ginuwine" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.