Much of Ginuwine‘s recent interview with DJ Z focused on the ways in which the singer has matured, both musically and personally, since ‘96’s The Bachelor (the most obvious being that G has been happily married for the past six years). Old habits, however, die hard—on this cut, included on the singer’s Last Chance EP (out now), as well as his forthcoming A Man’s Thoughts LP (set to drop on 6/23), G seems to have returned to the racier subject matter of his early work. The newly-released record finds Ginuwine kicking back at his local club, where he notices a certain “Pony-rustler” dancing seductively as she draws closer and closer to him—one more step, and there’s gonna be Trouble! Asylum labelmate Bun B sets the mood with an eight-bar opener (woulda been nice if he had more bars closer to the end), but it’s Mr. Dante “Inferno” Jackson’s beat that elevates Trouble to club-scorcher status. Bottom line: Ginuwine knows how to appeal to longtime fans and newcomers alike—if he can maintain that appeal throughout A Man’s Thoughts, solid reviews are sure to follow.
Written by Burmy on 06/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.