If you’re looking for trendy gimmicks, look elsewhere; Booth newcomer Gino the Ghost is all about the fundamentals. On his second single, the follow-up to the non-featured Next Day, the 20-year-old Michigan buzzmaker takes it “back to the Basics,” delivering dope, braggadocious bars over a string-laced boom-bap beat by Kinetic. The headliner’s ”keep it simple, stupid,” approach to his craft doesn’t stop him from enlisting the services of a couple talented Wolverine State colleagues. Ann Arbor wunderkind Isaac Castor lends his self-assured flow to the middle verse, dropping a Breaking Bad reference that didn’t make it into his recently-featured Heisenberg: “Highly explosive, Gus Fring in the nursing home.” Fellow Booth regular Jon Connor, fresh off his signing to Aftermath, delivers an aggressive closing 16. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for release details on Gino’s next project, The Keynote, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.