If you’re looking for trendy gimmicks, look elsewhere; Booth newcomer Gino the Ghost is all about the fundamentals. On his second single, the follow-up to the non-featured Next Day, the 20-year-old Michigan buzzmaker takes it “back to the Basics,” delivering dope, braggadocious bars over a string-laced boom-bap beat by Kinetic. The headliner’s ”keep it simple, stupid,” approach to his craft doesn’t stop him from enlisting the services of a couple talented Wolverine State colleagues. Ann Arbor wunderkind Isaac Castor lends his self-assured flow to the middle verse, dropping a Breaking Bad reference that didn’t make it into his recently-featured Heisenberg: “Highly explosive, Gus Fring in the nursing home.” Fellow Booth regular Jon Connor, fresh off his signing to Aftermath, delivers an aggressive closing 16. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for release details on Gino’s next project, The Keynote, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.