“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,” which is exactly why Gina Lee’s ex should be running for the hills right about… now! I’m not sure what her former boo did to her, but whatever it was it certainly has upset the DJBooth newcomer, who sends her lying ex-lover a message; she plans to F**k Your Sh*t Up. While Lee is definitely angry, she remains mostly composed atop the spacey yet crashing boardwork of producer T-Nyce. The songstress (who starred in The Lion King musical on Broadway) glides over the production with a smooth, yet emotional vocal performance, which goes against the typical aggressive, scorned approach that would be most appropriate considering the vibe of the record. Those who desire more from Lee will have to sit tight, as her The Preview: Reloaded EP is not set to drop until late June.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard in the Paint" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.