“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,” which is exactly why Gina Lee’s ex should be running for the hills right about… now! I’m not sure what her former boo did to her, but whatever it was it certainly has upset the DJBooth newcomer, who sends her lying ex-lover a message; she plans to F**k Your Sh*t Up. While Lee is definitely angry, she remains mostly composed atop the spacey yet crashing boardwork of producer T-Nyce. The songstress (who starred in The Lion King musical on Broadway) glides over the production with a smooth, yet emotional vocal performance, which goes against the typical aggressive, scorned approach that would be most appropriate considering the vibe of the record. Those who desire more from Lee will have to sit tight, as her The Preview: Reloaded EP is not set to drop until late June.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard in the Paint" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.