“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,” which is exactly why Gina Lee’s ex should be running for the hills right about… now! I’m not sure what her former boo did to her, but whatever it was it certainly has upset the DJBooth newcomer, who sends her lying ex-lover a message; she plans to F**k Your Sh*t Up. While Lee is definitely angry, she remains mostly composed atop the spacey yet crashing boardwork of producer T-Nyce. The songstress (who starred in The Lion King musical on Broadway) glides over the production with a smooth, yet emotional vocal performance, which goes against the typical aggressive, scorned approach that would be most appropriate considering the vibe of the record. Those who desire more from Lee will have to sit tight, as her The Preview: Reloaded EP is not set to drop until late June.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard in the Paint" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.