“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,” which is exactly why Gina Lee’s ex should be running for the hills right about… now! I’m not sure what her former boo did to her, but whatever it was it certainly has upset the DJBooth newcomer, who sends her lying ex-lover a message; she plans to F**k Your Sh*t Up. While Lee is definitely angry, she remains mostly composed atop the spacey yet crashing boardwork of producer T-Nyce. The songstress (who starred in The Lion King musical on Broadway) glides over the production with a smooth, yet emotional vocal performance, which goes against the typical aggressive, scorned approach that would be most appropriate considering the vibe of the record. Those who desire more from Lee will have to sit tight, as her The Preview: Reloaded EP is not set to drop until late June.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard in the Paint" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.