Having shuffled on and off numerous labels, such as Suave House, Roc-A-Fella, Warner Bros., and Cash Money (where he allegedly ghostwrote for Lil’ Wayne), Philadelphia rapper Gillie Da Kid has teamed up with everybody’s favorite mid-major label, Koch, for his debut album, King of Philly. If there’s one thing Gillie knows from his back-burner experience, it’s the haters that exist at both the underground and major levels. On Do Your Job, the emcee begs them all not to stop. Most of the potential hate for this record will be directed at producer Young Ike Turna for his club-ready beat (and Katt Williams audio clip), as well as the interpolated LL Cool J “go head” sample.
Listen to More: Gillie Da Kid Written by Burmy
Figgas 4 Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Superman (Rmx) ft. Black Deniro, Oschino, Peedi Peedi, Ness" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.