Having shuffled on and off numerous labels, such as Suave House, Roc-A-Fella, Warner Bros., and Cash Money (where he allegedly ghostwrote for Lil’ Wayne), Philadelphia rapper Gillie Da Kid has teamed up with everybody’s favorite mid-major label, Koch, for his debut album, King of Philly. If there’s one thing Gillie knows from his back-burner experience, it’s the haters that exist at both the underground and major levels. On Do Your Job, the emcee begs them all not to stop. Most of the potential hate for this record will be directed at producer Young Ike Turna for his club-ready beat (and Katt Williams audio clip), as well as the interpolated LL Cool J “go head” sample.
Listen to More: Gillie Da Kid
Written by Burmy on 07/7/08
Figgas 4 Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Superman (Rmx) ft. Black Deniro, Oschino, Peedi Peedi, Ness" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)