Having shuffled on and off numerous labels, such as Suave House, Roc-A-Fella, Warner Bros., and Cash Money (where he allegedly ghostwrote for Lil’ Wayne), Philadelphia rapper Gillie Da Kid has teamed up with everybody’s favorite mid-major label, Koch, for his debut album, King of Philly. If there’s one thing Gillie knows from his back-burner experience, it’s the haters that exist at both the underground and major levels. On Do Your Job, the emcee begs them all not to stop. Most of the potential hate for this record will be directed at producer Young Ike Turna for his club-ready beat (and Katt Williams audio clip), as well as the interpolated LL Cool J “go head” sample.
Written by Burmy on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
Figgas 4 Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Superman (Rmx) ft. Black Deniro, Oschino, Peedi Peedi, Ness" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.