Having shuffled on and off numerous labels, such as Suave House, Roc-A-Fella, Warner Bros., and Cash Money (where he allegedly ghostwrote for Lil’ Wayne), Philadelphia rapper Gillie Da Kid has teamed up with everybody’s favorite mid-major label, Koch, for his debut album, King of Philly. If there’s one thing Gillie knows from his back-burner experience, it’s the haters that exist at both the underground and major levels. On Do Your Job, the emcee begs them all not to stop. Most of the potential hate for this record will be directed at producer Young Ike Turna for his club-ready beat (and Katt Williams audio clip), as well as the interpolated LL Cool J “go head” sample.
Listen to More: Gillie Da Kid
Written by Burmy on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
Figgas 4 Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Superman (Rmx) ft. Black Deniro, Oschino, Peedi Peedi, Ness" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.