Having shuffled on and off numerous labels, such as Suave House, Roc-A-Fella, Warner Bros., and Cash Money (where he allegedly ghostwrote for Lil’ Wayne), Philadelphia rapper Gillie Da Kid has teamed up with everybody’s favorite mid-major label, Koch, for his debut album, King of Philly. If there’s one thing Gillie knows from his back-burner experience, it’s the haters that exist at both the underground and major levels. On Do Your Job, the emcee begs them all not to stop. Most of the potential hate for this record will be directed at producer Young Ike Turna for his club-ready beat (and Katt Williams audio clip), as well as the interpolated LL Cool J “go head” sample.
Listen to More: Gillie Da Kid
Written by Burmy on 07/7/08
Figgas 4 Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Superman (Rmx) ft. Black Deniro, Oschino, Peedi Peedi, Ness" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.