For some artists, spending weeks on tour is a tough, but necessary part of the hustle. First-time featuree Gilles, on the other hand, sees it as one big Roadtrip. Premiering in the Booth along with Awful Media‘s official visuals, this album inclusion features the Atlanta native reflecting on the miles of highway, both figurative and literal, he’s covered thus far in his burgeoning rap career. A-Tins provides a ethereal instrumental backdrop for the artist’s lyrical travelogue, complete with an H-Town screw-inspired hook. Now that you’ve been introduced to this talented ATLien, are you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Gilles’ forthcoming Successfully Lost LP. Featuring the entirety of his previously-released EP of the same title along with three additional songs and an extended version of popular interlude Catfish Pimpin’, the project is slated to drop April 23, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.