An uplifting rap song that isn’t corny is like a brown recluse spider; you know they exist, but it’s extremely rare to actually come across one. For his first DJBooth feature, Miami rapper Gill Graff delivers Dear Tomorrow, which provides a shot of optimism to listeners. On the J.Cardim produced song Graff brings along singer Anjuli Stars and rappers Ghostwridah and REKS for a ride towards the light at the end of the tunnel. Cardim’s production sounds like he had a full band with him while composing the sounds for this track as each emcee speaks on doing music as a hobby or job as being a blessing because it allows them to express and create. Stars ties everything together with a catchy chorus that acts as a very proper bridge between rappers. Dear Tomorrow is from Graff’s forthcoming project Therapeutic Mixtape, which is set for independent release on February 23.
Written by JC Poppe on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.