Last week, we saw Gilbere Forte’ link up with frequent production partner RAAK to remix Royals, the hit debut single from New Zealand pop songstress Lorde. Evidently, they had a blast doing so, as the dynamic musical duo have returned with their spin on another cut from an emerging female singer/songwriter. With its mournful, dirgelike feel, L.A. chanteuse Banks’ Waiting Game may not seem like ideal grist for the remix mill, but the collaborators succeed in doing a lot with a little. With the addition of some rhythmic handclaps and powerful bass, RAAK transforms SOHN‘s brooding beat into a pitch-perfect backdrop for his partner’s emotionally-charged bars. Like its predecessor, this remix isn’t part of a larger project, but who knows what other dope surprises Gilbere Forte’ might have up his sleeve? As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)