Last week, we saw Gilbere Forte’ link up with frequent production partner RAAK to remix Royals, the hit debut single from New Zealand pop songstress Lorde. Evidently, they had a blast doing so, as the dynamic musical duo have returned with their spin on another cut from an emerging female singer/songwriter. With its mournful, dirgelike feel, L.A. chanteuse Banks’ Waiting Game may not seem like ideal grist for the remix mill, but the collaborators succeed in doing a lot with a little. With the addition of some rhythmic handclaps and powerful bass, RAAK transforms SOHN‘s brooding beat into a pitch-perfect backdrop for his partner’s emotionally-charged bars. Like its predecessor, this remix isn’t part of a larger project, but who knows what other dope surprises Gilbere Forte’ might have up his sleeve? As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.