Last week, we saw Gilbere Forte’ link up with frequent production partner RAAK to remix Royals, the hit debut single from New Zealand pop songstress Lorde. Evidently, they had a blast doing so, as the dynamic musical duo have returned with their spin on another cut from an emerging female singer/songwriter. With its mournful, dirgelike feel, L.A. chanteuse Banks’ Waiting Game may not seem like ideal grist for the remix mill, but the collaborators succeed in doing a lot with a little. With the addition of some rhythmic handclaps and powerful bass, RAAK transforms SOHN‘s brooding beat into a pitch-perfect backdrop for his partner’s emotionally-charged bars. Like its predecessor, this remix isn’t part of a larger project, but who knows what other dope surprises Gilbere Forte’ might have up his sleeve? As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.