Last week, we saw Gilbere Forte’ link up with frequent production partner RAAK to remix Royals, the hit debut single from New Zealand pop songstress Lorde. Evidently, they had a blast doing so, as the dynamic musical duo have returned with their spin on another cut from an emerging female singer/songwriter. With its mournful, dirgelike feel, L.A. chanteuse Banks’ Waiting Game may not seem like ideal grist for the remix mill, but the collaborators succeed in doing a lot with a little. With the addition of some rhythmic handclaps and powerful bass, RAAK transforms SOHN‘s brooding beat into a pitch-perfect backdrop for his partner’s emotionally-charged bars. Like its predecessor, this remix isn’t part of a larger project, but who knows what other dope surprises Gilbere Forte’ might have up his sleeve? As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.