Last week, we saw Gilbere Forte’ link up with frequent production partner RAAK to remix Royals, the hit debut single from New Zealand pop songstress Lorde. Evidently, they had a blast doing so, as the dynamic musical duo have returned with their spin on another cut from an emerging female singer/songwriter. With its mournful, dirgelike feel, L.A. chanteuse Banks’ Waiting Game may not seem like ideal grist for the remix mill, but the collaborators succeed in doing a lot with a little. With the addition of some rhythmic handclaps and powerful bass, RAAK transforms SOHN‘s brooding beat into a pitch-perfect backdrop for his partner’s emotionally-charged bars. Like its predecessor, this remix isn’t part of a larger project, but who knows what other dope surprises Gilbere Forte’ might have up his sleeve? As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.