Gilbere Forte’ was absent from our pages for the opening months of 2014 (His last feature, Waiting Game (RAAK Remix), dropped in October.), but his silence wasn’t due to inactivity. Just the opposite, in fact: he’s been holed up in the studio, cooking up some heat rocks for his loyal fanbase. Now, he’s nearly ready to unveil the fruits of his labors. White Lights, the title track and lead single off the reader fave’s forthcoming EP, offers a tantalizing taste of what’s to come. Constant collaborator RAAK sets an eerie mood on the production tip, pairing haunting, reverb-drenched vocal samples with slow-rolling, trap-tinged percussion. Over his partner’s ominous grooves, Forte’ lets fans know just how impatient he is to get his shine, and expresses exasperation with the obstacles in his path: “I just wanna be fly, but I’m still stuck up at customs.” Director Garrett Danz of Always Empty Creative provides official visuals to accompany the cut. The White Lights EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they surface.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.