Gilbere Forte’ was absent from our pages for the opening months of 2014 (His last feature, Waiting Game (RAAK Remix), dropped in October.), but his silence wasn’t due to inactivity. Just the opposite, in fact: he’s been holed up in the studio, cooking up some heat rocks for his loyal fanbase. Now, he’s nearly ready to unveil the fruits of his labors. White Lights, the title track and lead single off the reader fave’s forthcoming EP, offers a tantalizing taste of what’s to come. Constant collaborator RAAK sets an eerie mood on the production tip, pairing haunting, reverb-drenched vocal samples with slow-rolling, trap-tinged percussion. Over his partner’s ominous grooves, Forte’ lets fans know just how impatient he is to get his shine, and expresses exasperation with the obstacles in his path: “I just wanna be fly, but I’m still stuck up at customs.” Director Garrett Danz of Always Empty Creative provides official visuals to accompany the cut. The White Lights EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they surface.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.