Gilbere Forte’ was absent from our pages for the opening months of 2014 (His last feature, Waiting Game (RAAK Remix), dropped in October.), but his silence wasn’t due to inactivity. Just the opposite, in fact: he’s been holed up in the studio, cooking up some heat rocks for his loyal fanbase. Now, he’s nearly ready to unveil the fruits of his labors. White Lights, the title track and lead single off the reader fave’s forthcoming EP, offers a tantalizing taste of what’s to come. Constant collaborator RAAK sets an eerie mood on the production tip, pairing haunting, reverb-drenched vocal samples with slow-rolling, trap-tinged percussion. Over his partner’s ominous grooves, Forte’ lets fans know just how impatient he is to get his shine, and expresses exasperation with the obstacles in his path: “I just wanna be fly, but I’m still stuck up at customs.” Director Garrett Danz of Always Empty Creative provides official visuals to accompany the cut. The White Lights EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they surface.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.