Gilbere Forte’ was absent from our pages for the opening months of 2014 (His last feature, Waiting Game (RAAK Remix), dropped in October.), but his silence wasn’t due to inactivity. Just the opposite, in fact: he’s been holed up in the studio, cooking up some heat rocks for his loyal fanbase. Now, he’s nearly ready to unveil the fruits of his labors. White Lights, the title track and lead single off the reader fave’s forthcoming EP, offers a tantalizing taste of what’s to come. Constant collaborator RAAK sets an eerie mood on the production tip, pairing haunting, reverb-drenched vocal samples with slow-rolling, trap-tinged percussion. Over his partner’s ominous grooves, Forte’ lets fans know just how impatient he is to get his shine, and expresses exasperation with the obstacles in his path: “I just wanna be fly, but I’m still stuck up at customs.” Director Garrett Danz of Always Empty Creative provides official visuals to accompany the cut. The White Lights EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they surface.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.