Gilbere Forte is a star on the rise, and hip-hop is only the horizon. His resume on the Booth is as diverse as it is impressive, and with tracks from Kanye West (Alors on Danse) to STS (My Time), you can count on the man to drop something remarkable each and every time. What we find today from Forte’s musical grab bag is the second single from his Don Cannon hosted mixtape, Train Lights. Produced by Bink!, who many know as the Devil in a New Dress producer, the haunting chorus mixes in well with the Freestyle Series alum’s lyricism, delivering a more mainstream-friendly vibe while keeping the edginess from his previous, more underground successes. The only thing that some might take away from the track is the cluttered boardwork in between verses, but while that may deter some, Forte manages to use the concoction to bring his usually exciting bars to the table. If you liked how this one hits you like a 10-ton…well…you know, then be sure to keep a lookout for his latest free project, Eyes of Veritas, dropping on February 8.
Written by Sigurd on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.