Gilbere Forte is a star on the rise, and hip-hop is only the horizon. His resume on the Booth is as diverse as it is impressive, and with tracks from Kanye West (Alors on Danse) to STS (My Time), you can count on the man to drop something remarkable each and every time. What we find today from Forte’s musical grab bag is the second single from his Don Cannon hosted mixtape, Train Lights. Produced by Bink!, who many know as the Devil in a New Dress producer, the haunting chorus mixes in well with the Freestyle Series alum’s lyricism, delivering a more mainstream-friendly vibe while keeping the edginess from his previous, more underground successes. The only thing that some might take away from the track is the cluttered boardwork in between verses, but while that may deter some, Forte manages to use the concoction to bring his usually exciting bars to the table. If you liked how this one hits you like a 10-ton…well…you know, then be sure to keep a lookout for his latest free project, Eyes of Veritas, dropping on February 8.
Written by Sigurd on 02/1/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.