Gilbere Forte is a star on the rise, and hip-hop is only the horizon. His resume on the Booth is as diverse as it is impressive, and with tracks from Kanye West (Alors on Danse) to STS (My Time), you can count on the man to drop something remarkable each and every time. What we find today from Forte’s musical grab bag is the second single from his Don Cannon hosted mixtape, Train Lights. Produced by Bink!, who many know as the Devil in a New Dress producer, the haunting chorus mixes in well with the Freestyle Series alum’s lyricism, delivering a more mainstream-friendly vibe while keeping the edginess from his previous, more underground successes. The only thing that some might take away from the track is the cluttered boardwork in between verses, but while that may deter some, Forte manages to use the concoction to bring his usually exciting bars to the table. If you liked how this one hits you like a 10-ton…well…you know, then be sure to keep a lookout for his latest free project, Eyes of Veritas, dropping on February 8.
Written by Sigurd on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.