Few artists in Booth history have been able to innovate as consistently as Gilbere Forte’; with each feature, the Philly buzzmaker has found a fresh new way to Push the Bar (y’know, pushing the envelope and raising the bar, all at once). On the freestyle series alum‘s latest promo single, released to commemorate Forte’ being featured in SocietySOP‘s 2010 Fall/Winter Lookbook, he flips the script on us yet again. Over his and co-producer Raak‘s uniquely dope boardwork, an ominous melange of synth whirs and burbles backed with plodding percussion, the up-and-comer slow-flows his way through a braggadocio-drenched opener in addition to delivering a sung chorus. Bringing up the rear is Re-Up Gang member AB-Liva, whose guest contribution finds him contemptuously sweeping aside the haters and sucker emcees. So, Booth readers, what do you think – is Forte’ speaking the truth when he boasts that he can “...kill any rapper without even sayin’ sh*t”? Those who consider his swag well-justified should keep their browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest news and tunes from the Northeastern fast-riser.
Written by richard on 11/14/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)