Few artists in Booth history have been able to innovate as consistently as Gilbere Forte’; with each feature, the Philly buzzmaker has found a fresh new way to Push the Bar (y’know, pushing the envelope and raising the bar, all at once). On the freestyle series alum‘s latest promo single, released to commemorate Forte’ being featured in SocietySOP‘s 2010 Fall/Winter Lookbook, he flips the script on us yet again. Over his and co-producer Raak‘s uniquely dope boardwork, an ominous melange of synth whirs and burbles backed with plodding percussion, the up-and-comer slow-flows his way through a braggadocio-drenched opener in addition to delivering a sung chorus. Bringing up the rear is Re-Up Gang member AB-Liva, whose guest contribution finds him contemptuously sweeping aside the haters and sucker emcees. So, Booth readers, what do you think – is Forte’ speaking the truth when he boasts that he can “...kill any rapper without even sayin’ sh*t”? Those who consider his swag well-justified should keep their browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest news and tunes from the Northeastern fast-riser.
Written by richard on 11/14/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.