Few artists in Booth history have been able to innovate as consistently as Gilbere Forte’; with each feature, the Philly buzzmaker has found a fresh new way to Push the Bar (y’know, pushing the envelope and raising the bar, all at once). On the freestyle series alum‘s latest promo single, released to commemorate Forte’ being featured in SocietySOP‘s 2010 Fall/Winter Lookbook, he flips the script on us yet again. Over his and co-producer Raak‘s uniquely dope boardwork, an ominous melange of synth whirs and burbles backed with plodding percussion, the up-and-comer slow-flows his way through a braggadocio-drenched opener in addition to delivering a sung chorus. Bringing up the rear is Re-Up Gang member AB-Liva, whose guest contribution finds him contemptuously sweeping aside the haters and sucker emcees. So, Booth readers, what do you think – is Forte’ speaking the truth when he boasts that he can “...kill any rapper without even sayin’ sh*t”? Those who consider his swag well-justified should keep their browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest news and tunes from the Northeastern fast-riser.
Written by richard on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.