If I’ve learned anything from listening to Gilbere Forte’, it’s to never press play with a closed mind. One minute he’s flipping indie rock samples (1st Floor), the next he’s linking up with noted Re-Up vet Ab-Liva (Push the Bar), and the next he’s yodeling (ok, that one hasn’t happened yet, but just wait). On new song Last Nite Forte once again shows us a different side of his personality, this time going in overly an electronically mellow beat from Beewirks, who many will know from his work with Joe Budden, that’s as high as it is grounded. Forte’s flow is equally laid back, while lyrically he runs the full spectrum, alternating between frankly typical “hos love me” talk to introspective reflections on the hidden price of fame and success. Serving as the cherry in this Manhattan of a rap song is Selina Carrera, who lays down an airy and light hook guaranteed to go down easy. While not a part of any official project (yet), for more dopeness like Last Nite be sure to check out DDotOmen.com’s A Show of Hands Series, where this song was first featured.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.