If I’ve learned anything from listening to Gilbere Forte’, it’s to never press play with a closed mind. One minute he’s flipping indie rock samples (1st Floor), the next he’s linking up with noted Re-Up vet Ab-Liva (Push the Bar), and the next he’s yodeling (ok, that one hasn’t happened yet, but just wait). On new song Last Nite Forte once again shows us a different side of his personality, this time going in overly an electronically mellow beat from Beewirks, who many will know from his work with Joe Budden, that’s as high as it is grounded. Forte’s flow is equally laid back, while lyrically he runs the full spectrum, alternating between frankly typical “hos love me” talk to introspective reflections on the hidden price of fame and success. Serving as the cherry in this Manhattan of a rap song is Selina Carrera, who lays down an airy and light hook guaranteed to go down easy. While not a part of any official project (yet), for more dopeness like Last Nite be sure to check out DDotOmen.com’s A Show of Hands Series, where this song was first featured.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.