If I’ve learned anything from listening to Gilbere Forte’, it’s to never press play with a closed mind. One minute he’s flipping indie rock samples (1st Floor), the next he’s linking up with noted Re-Up vet Ab-Liva (Push the Bar), and the next he’s yodeling (ok, that one hasn’t happened yet, but just wait). On new song Last Nite Forte once again shows us a different side of his personality, this time going in overly an electronically mellow beat from Beewirks, who many will know from his work with Joe Budden, that’s as high as it is grounded. Forte’s flow is equally laid back, while lyrically he runs the full spectrum, alternating between frankly typical “hos love me” talk to introspective reflections on the hidden price of fame and success. Serving as the cherry in this Manhattan of a rap song is Selina Carrera, who lays down an airy and light hook guaranteed to go down easy. While not a part of any official project (yet), for more dopeness like Last Nite be sure to check out DDotOmen.com’s A Show of Hands Series, where this song was first featured.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)