If you’re not already on EST, you may want to reset your clocks; on his first Booth feature Gilbere Forte’ informs hip-hop heads worldwide: “This is My Time.” Here, the Philly-based up-and-comer joins up with a Booth-approved neighbor to craft a single expressly designed to wake up anyone’s been sleeping on him. Over a bombastic, bass-booming synth-string beat by the artist and co-producers Bengi, Rio and Raak, Forte makes his grand entrance, dropping bars drenched in pop-referential punchlines: ”Cookin’ up some Wild Things, No Kevin Bacon, never bow down to the pigs, a’salaam alaikum.” Another rising star from the City of Brotherly Love, cheesesteaks and cracked bells, Demand More 2 rapper STS, steps up to the mic to deliver some “smooth as satin” flows on verse two. Gilbere Forte’s confidence is undeniable, but does he have the skills to back up his braggadocio? Only time will tell. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on his 87 Dreams mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 05/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Floor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.