Having announced his arrival on the scene with synth-soaked street banger My Time and provided a case study in hip-rock done right on the Freelance Whales-assisted 1st Floor, Gilbere Forte’ has already proven that he can conquer pretty much any rap subgenre he pleases – the only question is, which will it be this time? If you haven’t guessed from the title, I Know My Love finds the Philly resident venturing into “R&B-informed relationship jam” territory, spinning a bittersweet tale of love gone sour over his and co-producer Raak‘s pop-appealing yet intriguingly unpredictable synth boardwork. In addition to lending a hand behind the boards and lacing the track with some characteristically deft flows, the artist acts as his own hookman, delivering smooth chorus vocals wreathed in glittering harmonies. Is there anything this man can’t do? Fans can discover the full range of this buzzmaker’s talents on his 87 Dreams mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date, but you’ll know as soon as we do.
Written by richard on 07/7/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.